We are coming towards the end of the year – the air is getting crisper and we can get our snuggly jumpers out again. October is a great month, full of celebrations for Diwali, Halloween and…Half Term holidays! Diwali is the Hindu Festival of Lights and celebrates the overcoming of good over evil. During this time we reflect on the past year and consider all the good we can do for others in the coming year by using our light.
All of this is making me feel happy and excited to celebrate with my friends and family – I hope you are feeling the same way too.
5 Ways to Celebrate In October
- Find a pile of fallen crunchy leaves and walk through it – feel the crunch of the leaves beneath your feet, throw the leaves in the air and take in the lovely autumnal smells.
- Carve a pumpkin – try creating different designs and use the pumpkin filling to make yummy soup, pie or a smoothie!
- Do some rangoli to celebrate Diwali – get some coloured chalks and draw patterns and designs on the ground outside your front door.
- The clocks go back in October, which means we have an extra hour! Take the time to do something you love – baking, colouring, painting, play with your pet, try a new hairstyle, do your nails, get some DIY done, take a well deserved nap, catch up on your favourite TV show – the possibilities are endless.
- The evenings are getting darker – go for an evening walk to get fresh air even though it is dark outside, and follow this up with an evening on the sofa to have some time to yourself to relax.
Upcoming Course: How To Manage Your Child’s Anger
I have something else to be happy and excited about too this month – I have been creating my first online course over the last few weeks. I went on a course to learn how to do it and I am proud to have graduated from it this week – Yippee!!
The course is about helping your children with their anger issues. I am working on optimising the course content and will have it ready for the beginning of 2017. If you have any questions you would like me to address in the course, then let me know by sending me an email. I will share more details and have a sign up form soon, so you can sign up.
Sign Up For A Free Copy Of My Upcoming Book, “No Child Is Broken”
Click here and leave your details to receive your free copy, which contains easy step-by-step lesson plans you can run through with your child to learn more about handling emotions. Thank you!